Dear Contractor Member,
I am writing to update you on the status of the Union-Affiliated Contractors (UAC) Enhanced Service Group (ESG) within the Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors—National Association (PHCC).
PHCC's Union-Affiliated Contractors (UAC) Enhanced Service Group (ESG) is undergoing a transition in order to bring even greater value to its PHCC signatory contractor members. The PHCC Board of Directors agreed to convert the UAC into an ESG-branded Business Interest Group (BIG) for a period of three years. As a BIG, the UAC will focus on building its online community to house an abundant variety of valuable resources with free access by PHCC signatory contractor members as well as a discussion center for contractors to ask and answer questions. Over the coming months, our vision is for the UAC online community to provide even greater assistance to all PHCC signatory contractor members.
What does this transitional period look like for UAC?
- UAC will continue to provide information, education, and resources to its signatory contractor members.
- UAC membership dues will be free.
- The UAC Board of Trustees has been replaced with an Advisory Committee overseeing content development and maintenance of the UAC online community. The Advisory Committee Chair will continue to occupy the UAC voting seat on the PHCC National Board of Directors.
- PHCC will continue to recruit members and increase participation of signatory contractors within the organization.
- PHCC will continue to fund and support the Industry Relations Committee in its adjudication of labor management relations efforts.
- UAC will continue to act as PHCC's liaison with the United Association Union of Plumbers, Fitters, Welders, & Service Techs (UA).
After this 3-year transitional period, a determination will be made as to the best structure for servicing our valuable signatory contractor members. As the UAC Advisory Committee chairman, I look forward to working with the PHCC signatory contractor community to compile and distribute unique resources that you need. If you are interested in being directly involved with this effort, please don't hesitate to contact me (firstname.lastname@example.org). We would welcome your participation. Many thanks.
Bob Frame Plumbing
South Bend, Indiana