What role does a business coach play?
A business coach provides business strategies to help you succeed in an increasingly competitive environment. Through focused conversation, a business coach will assist in identifying gaps in your current systems to help you manage your business effectively and profitably. Business coaching is sought after by business owners who want to take their business from where it is now to where they want it to be.
Below are some highlights of what to expect and what not to expect from a business coach.
Services often provided by a business coach:
- May assist in attracting, developing and retaining top talent
- Assists in establishing strong teams
- Attempts to motivate and maintain focus
- Provides operational support by using best practices
- Furnishes financial evaluations and recommendations
- Establishes training and development strategies
- Addresses workplace performance issues
- Develops performance improvement tools specific to needs
- Identifies positive and negative trends to improve profitability and stability
- Educates, empowers and mentors
- Creates strong, resilient leaders through questions and practical learning
- Exposes workable solutions to common workplace challenges
- Provides an outside perspective
- Educates on how to leverage your strengths
In other words, a business coach helps those people who want to grow, grow!
A business coach is not:
- A therapist
- A trainer
- A psychic
- An informant
- A decision maker
- An employee